Legal Help for Victims of Dental Malpractice in Florida
Whether you go to see a dentist, a periodontal specialist or an oral surgeon, you have the right to expect competent and proper dental care. You also deserve to be fully informed about the work to be done, the procedures involved and the risks of each.
If you have been harmed by what you suspect was dental malpractice, contact The McLeod Firm in St. Augustine, Florida, for answers and effective legal representation.
Injuries Associated With Dental Malpractice
Injuries occur most frequently when dentists attempt to perform procedures they are not qualified to do, or lack the skills needed to perform those procedures competently. Dental malpractice can also involve unsanitary practices and careless mistakes. Whatever the reason, the consequences can change your life.
Our experience includes cases involving:
- Nerve damage (can occur with routine procedures like root canals, extractions, cavity fillings or dental surgery)
- Loss of the ability to taste (nerve damage to the tongue)
- Permanent numbness in the tongue, lips or gums
- Failures to diagnose oral cancer, periodontal disease, or other serious dental conditions
- Unnecessary extractions and extractions of the wrong teeth
- Operating without adequately numbing the affected area
- Chronic infections due to unsanitary dental practices
- Transmission of life-threatening conditions like hepatitis or HIV due to reusing inadequately sterilized dental instruments
- Complications due to negligent dental work or procedures
Whether it’s achieved by way of a settlement or a verdict at trial, we are committed to ensuring that our clients receive optimal compensation for their injuries and other losses.
Contact our law office in St. Augustine, Florida. We provide a free initial consultation to determine if we are the right firm to handle your case. We handle all personal injury claims on a contingency fee basis; that means you pay no attorney’s fees until we recover money for you. Call us today: 904-471-5007.
Contact Our St. Augustine, Florida, Dental Malpractice Lawyers