Legal Help For Injuries from Trucking Accidents
St. Augustine, Florida, Truck Accident Attorneys
I-95 is one of the busiest, and deadliest interstates along the East Coast of the USA. Collisions between cars and eighteen-wheelers along I-95 leave shocked, injured people and grieving families wondering how they will ever get their lives back to normal. The tragedy is that some of these accidents really could have been avoided.
If your family has been affected by a truck accident along I-95, US 1, A1A, 295 or I-10, or another roadway in the Saint Augustine, area, contact the mcleod firm. You need experienced, effective legal representation; you deserve compassionate assistance to get back on your feet.
Getting to the Bottom of Truck Accidents
Truck accident cases really are not the same as car accidents. They require a different type of investigation in order to prove fault and help families recover financial compensation. The injury attorneys at the mcleod firm work hard to get all the facts. We know the truth is:
1. Truckers aren't monitored and trucking companies don't do a good job of enforcing the laws that limit the number of hours a driver can be behind the wheel.
2. Trucks often aren't maintained the way they should be, especially trucks coming from outside the U.S. Truck braking systems and other mechanical defects can and do cause trucking accidents.
3. Anybody can drive a truck. There are no national or state standards for who can get a commercial drivers' license. In some cases we've handled, the driver didn't even have a license, and yet a company let those people get behind the wheel of a dangerous vehicle.
Some of the leading causes of large truck accidents include:
- Driver fatigue from too much time on the road
- Speeding and reckless driving
- Driver's using drugs or alcohol
- Bad maintenance
- Poor packing causing the truck to overturn or jack-knife
- Overloaded trucks or trailers, contributing to brake failure
Experience Investigating Truck Accident Cases
It is important to quickly hire an experienced truck accident lawyer. Insurance companies have accident reconstruction experts on the scene of the accident working to protect their interests.
The mcleod firm is ready for these tactics. We immediately begin building your case by getting driver's logs, maintenance records, information for GPS units and hiring our own accident reconstruction expert to determine the speed and braking that occurred prior to the accident, and the condition of the truck.
Our objective is always to get you the full financial compensation you need so you can move forward with your life.
Contact our law office in St. Augustine, Florida. We provide a free initial consultation to determine if we are the right firm to handle your case. We handle all personal injury cases on a contingency fee basis; that means you pay no attorney's fees until we recover money for you.